Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cathy Night

Once a month or so, I like to have what my Bookclub and I refer to as a “Cathy Night”, because we shamelessly take on the character of the Cathy comics. I put on my most comfortable and unflattering loungewear, eat foods that one wouldn’t normally in front of other people (for me it’s a box of mac n cheese with hotdogs cut up in it or a can of refried black beans with a few rolled-up tortillas dipped in it), usually watch back-to-back episodes of the Golden Girls while snuggling with my cat and attempt to not drink the entire bottle of wine.
Last night was my “Cathy night”. I had cheese toast, a bottle of zin, read through several cookbooks, and entertained my cat as I made piles of unworn clothes to donate. As ugly and boring as a Cathy night seems, it makes me feel really refreshed and in control of the next day.
(pictured is my cat taking advantage of the rare time I spend at home)

No comments: